After being pregnant two years in a row with back-to-back babies, I was thrilled to be able to sip a glass
of wine heartburn-free and lounge in a hot bath without cooking my womb.
But after becoming a parent and growing accustomed to snoozing on my stomach again, I realised there were things I missed about being pregnant. Here’s what I miss most:
1. Elastic waist bands.
2. Getting my doctor’s full attention for longer than five minutes.
3. Watching the bean inside me grow a face and legs.
4. Those 300 extra calories a day to use on ice cream and vending machine chips (aww, c’mon people, you don’t only eat all fruit and veggies either).
5. Having a good reason to not cook dinner for three months.
6. Hearing the labour stories, even the horror ones, because every labour and delivery has its own story (even the c-sections!)
7. An excuse for re-decorating an entire room.
8. Loading up on free magazines at the doctor’s office.
9. Seeing my baby’s elbow jut across my belly like a shark cutting its way through the Pacific.
10. A sense of pending adventure.
What else do you love about being pregnant?
More pregnancy stories:
- 5 Things Every Pregnant Woman Should Have in Her Wardrobe
- 20 Questions: Reshma Shetty of “Royal Pains” Fills Us In
- My 5 Favourite Things in My Baby Girl’s Nursery