Ilost a baby in August. My miscarriage was (and still is) heartbreaking, but it has made me feel even more grateful for my healthy, beautiful three-year-old son Mason. Because here's the thing: Even in those dark moments when I'm mourning the loss of Mason's little brother, who would have been born in February, I can't help but think how incredibly lucky I am to have my thriving, quirky little Mason. In fact, reflecting on all the reasons that I'm so fortunate to be Mason's mummy has helped me heal from my loss. In honour of the season for being thankfful, I'm sharing my list with you. (Don't forget to share why you're so thankful to be a mum in the comments section!)
1. Belly laughs
2. Big, eye-crinkling smiles
3. Sloppy little boy kisses
4. Giant little boy hugs
5. Super Man jammies
6. Wispy blonde curls
7. Hearing "I love you, mommy!"
8. Listening to his little voice while he tells me about his day at school
9. Cuddle time on the couch
10. Road trips with him singing his ABCs in the back seat
11. Afternoon playtime in Prospect Park
12. Playing trains at 6 a.m.
13. "Date" nights at our favourite French cafe
14. Little boy hats and shoes
15. Play dates at Shady Park
16. Mummy...son yoga
17. Adventures on the 7 and 4 trains
18. Make-believe in his kitchen
19. Bathtime with squeaky toys
20. Watching the boats on the East River
21. Art time with puppy-shaped markers
22. His sweet, loving spirit
23. Those ornery moments I wouldn't trade for anything!
Care to share why you're grateful to be a mom?