Looking for some front door decor for Halloween? I've been so intrigued by all the wool wreaths I've seen recently, and decided to take that idea and apply to my latest Halloween DIY: a Spooky Monogram. This cool holiday craft can be made with kids (although you should never let children near a hot glue gun, so leave them out of that part!), or you can do it on your own!
- large monogram of your choice (find one at the craft store or your local discount shop)
- 1 – 2 skiens of wool in pumpkin colour
- 1 skien (or scrap) of white wool
- hot glue gun (Note: never let children near this)
- a few plastic spiders
Step 1: Find a corner in your letter and tye the pumpkin coloured wool to the corner.
Step 2: Wrap and wrap and wrap. Kids can help with this! Keep the tension fairly tight and keep pushing the wool close together to thoroughly cover the cardboard.
Step 3: Once the letter is completely covered, turn it over on the backside. Tie a piece of the white wool so it runs straight across your letter. Make sure to tie a knot on each end os the white wool and and keep it fairly tight.
Step 4: Repeat this process 3 more times to create the spokes of your web.
Step 5: Apply a dot of hot glue on each spoke so it doesn't slip around.
Step 6: Take a long piece of white wool (about 30-inches) and tie a knot right in the middle of all the spokes, leaving a long tail to use for the web.
Step 7: To make the web, bring the long piece of wool down and around the adjacent spoke, loop it behind nad back over the spoke to the next one. Continue all the way around the web.
Step 8: Once you have one row complete, make another row just outside it.
Step 9: Flip the letter over and attach the spooky spiders.
Step 10: You can even hang one of the spiders from the long piece of white wool.
Want more Halloween crafts?
- 10 Crafts to do with Kids
- Scratch-Off Pumpkins DIY Craft
- Rock Ghosts DIY Craft
- Sparkly Spider Treat Cups DIY Craft
- Orange Pumpkin Decor DIY Craft
- Chalkboard Pumpkins DIY Craft
- Pumpkin Paper Lanterns DIY Craft
- Pinecone Witch Crafts
- Sweets Cornballs DIY Craft
- Halloween Luminaries DIY Craft
- Jack-Be-Little Spider and Bat DIY Craft