- One 750 ml bottle Skinnygirl Cabernet Sauvignon
- 8 cinnamon sticks, 3 broken in half, plus 5 whole sticks for garnish
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 3 star anise pods
- 1 whole nutmeg, cracked with the side of a chef’s knife into a few pieces
- Agave nectar, as needed
- Peel of one orange, removed in strips with a vegetable peeler
1. Pour the wine into a large saucepan and place over low heat. Make a sachet with the cinnamon sticks, cloves, star anise, and nutmeg byt tying them in a cheese cloth. Add the sachet to the wine and simmer for 30 minutes, until the flavors are well combined.
2. Add agave nectar to taste. Strain the wine into heatproof glasses. Garnish each glass with a cinnamon stick and a strip of orange peel.
- 5 ounces of Skinnygirl Bare Naked Vodka
- Splash of peppermint schnapps
- Splash of club soda
- Mini candy cane, finely crushed, plus 1 short peppermint stick for garnish
1. Combine the vodka and peppermint schnapps with ice in a cocktail shaker and shake well. Rim a martini glass with water and the crushed candy. Strain the drink into the glass and garnish with the peppermint stick.
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar plus 1 tablespoon
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk or soy milk or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon
- Dash of freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 ounces light rum
- 4 egg whites
- 6 cinnamon sticks, for garnish
1. Beat the egg yolks in a heatproof bowl until lightened in colour. Add 1/3 cup of the sugar and beat until it dissolves; set aside.
2. Combine the milk, vanilla, and a dash each of the cinnamon and nutmeg in a saucepan and place over high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove the pan form the heat and gradually whisk the hot milk into the egg yolks. Pout everything back into the saucepan. Return to the heat and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until the milk mixture reaches 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
4. Stir the rum and pout into a clean bowl. Set the bowl in the fridge to chill for at least an hour.
5. Just before serving, beat the egg whites in a clean bowl until soft peaks form. With the mixer running, gradually add the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold the egg whites into the chilled mixture. Sprinkle each serving with cinnamon and garnish with a cinnamon stick.