Give this easy to make and nutrient-rich broccoli cheese chicken quiche a try, and you might just be surprised to find that your kids will love it too. “Quiche, quiche, quiche” chanted the Kid Kritics as they begged for more!
Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Quiche
Our kids are just as obsessed with this quiche as we are. Win-win!
- broccoli florets broken in to bite sizes: 1 cup
- eggs: 3
- rice or cow’s milk, low-fat enriched, organic: 1 cup
- nutmeg, ground: ¼ teaspoon
- sea salt: ½ teaspoon
- chicken breast, cooked and diced: 1 cup
- mozzarella cheese, shredded: 1 cup
- pie crust, precooked (recommend spelt, but hat's off to you if you make your own pie crust from scratch!): 1
- paprika: 2 dashes
- Pyrex pie plate, 10 inches (deep dish is best!): 1
Step 1: Preheat oven to80 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 2: Steam the broccoli lightly until it turns bright green.
Step 3: Then beat together the 3 eggs, milk, nutmeg, and sea salt and set aside.
Step 4: Spread broccoli, chicken, and cheese inside pie crust and gently pour the egg mixture over the top of it all. Sprinkle the paprika on top and place in the oven.
Step 5: Bake until eggs are firm, about 20 minutes. Let stand for a few minutes before serving.
Optional: Replace chicken with cooked and diced turkey or tuna fish. Replace broccoli with precooked spinach.
More Recipes for Kids: