Summer is meant to be spent outside playing – not inside slaving over a hot stove.
Today we've rounded up all kinds of easy snacks and treats – many that are as fun to make as they are to eat!
- Start your day out right with this recipe for cold summer porridge that promises to be a "cool, crunchy, chewy, yummy summertime breakfast".
- Check out this post for more kid snack ideas than you'll ever actually need.
- Take advantage of the heat to make Car S'mores. The kids will think they're the coolest thing ever and you'll get to eat some chocolate – win win!
- Making ice cream at home (sans an ice cream maker) is another fun afternoon activity.
- Finally, if you want to get really fancy, try these homemade fruit "creamsicles".