This easy Couscous Salad is one of my favourite cold salads ever. It is so simple to make and can be served warm, cold, or at room temperature.
It contains so many interesting flavors and you can add in nearly anything you might want if you want a new twist. Since there is no mayonnaise in this salad it is also great for large picnics, you don't have to worry about sun exposure! When you make this be sure to assemble everything at least a few hours before you want to serve it so there is plenty of time for the flavors to marry and really blossom.
- 10 ounces plain couscous
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup scallions, chopped
- ¾ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup good olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Juice of one lemon
- Pinch of kosher salt
1. Prepare couscous according to package directions.
2. In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, vinegar, lemon zest and lemon juice. Set aside.
3. Pour prepared couscous into a large bowl and fluff with a fork. Add dried cranberries, blue cheese, scallions and pecans. Stir well until completely combined.
4. Add dressing and mix until salad is completely coated with dressing.
5. Add 2 pinches of salt, or more, to taste.
6. Serve warm or at room temperature. Can be stored, covered with plastic, in the fridge.