I have plenty of complicated recipes I can turn to for dinner, but I often go to this simple one in a pinch. It is so satisfying and quick and easy to make, plus the kids always love it.
It is also a great way to introduce new vegetables to kids. Try adding mushrooms or peppers and encourage them to give them a try. You might just be surprised at the outcome!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 box dried spaghetti
- 1 ½ cups frozen peas, thawed and microwaved for 30 seconds until hot
1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add the spaghetti. Cook until al dente, drain, reserving about a cup of the pasta water, and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan add the cream and warm over medium heat until it begins to bubble. Stir the cream until it thickens slightly and coats the back of a spoon. Pour in the pasta water and raise the heat until it begins to bubble rapidly and the sauce thicken. Remove from the heat and add the cheese, salt and pepper. Add the thawed peas and stir.
3. Pour the cream sauce into the bowl with the pasta and toss before serving.