A classic meatball is always a terrific dinner staple. We typically serve it over spaghetti, but they are also great on a sandwich or in soup.
Here are our favourite meatballs. They are juicy and moist and stuffed with just a little bit of fresh mozzarella. Biting into each one is like a meatball with a fun surprise inside!
- 1.5 pounds minced beef
- ¼ cup Italian flavored breadcrumbs
- 1 eggs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove pushed through a press or finely chopped
- 1/3 pound fresh mozzarella, cut into small pieces
1. Combine the above ingredients in a large bowl and combine with your hands. Form the meat into 1-inch balls and press a little piece of mozzarella into the center of each ball and seal it shut.
2. Heat the 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet and warm over medium heat. Roll the meatballs in the oil slowly and allow them to brown on all sides. Once they are sealed place them in a pot with tomato sauce and simmer for thirty minutes to cook through. Serve over spaghetti.