I love a cold couscous salad in the summer.
It is so versatile and fun to make and my whole family gobbles it up. Lately my favourite salad has included salty pistachios and sweet dried cherries. I love the juxtaposition of salty and sweet together. I also sometimes add an orangey citrus vinaigrette if I have some oranges on hand!
- 1 10-ounce box plain couscous
- 2/3 cup roasted pistachios
- 1/2 cup dried cherries (pitts removed)
- 1/3 cup fruity olive oil
- 1 pinch kosher salt
1. Prepare the couscous according to package directions. Fluff it with a fork and pour it into a large mixing bowl.
2. Stir in the pistachios, dried cherries, olive oil, and a pinch of salt. Taste and add more salt if needed. Enjoy!