On lazy Sunday’s I love to fire up the grill for an early dinner around 5pm.
Last week I fired up the grill and put some fresh spicy burgers on to cook. While they cooked I sliced up a fresh avocado, tomatoes, and red onion. These were quickly placed on top of our piping hot burgers and closed them with toasted buns. Along with our sweet corn and asparagus this delicious meal was all we needed to complete our summer weekend at home.
- 2 pounds minced beef
- 6 dashes hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked ground pepper
- 1 avocado, quartered
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, sliced thick into 4 slices
- 4 teaspoons sour cream
1. Add the minced beef, hot sauce, salt and pepper to large bowl and mix well with your clean hands. Mold the meat into four burgers of equal size. Place on a plate and cover with plastic wrap, chill until dinner.
2. Before serving, grill the burgers to desired doneness. Top each burger with one quarter the avocado, a couple slices of onion rings, and one slice of tomato. Swipe the top of each bun with one teaspoon of sour cream and serve.