Barbeque and picnic season is in full swing and with temperatures on the rise, cool food is the way to go.
We really enjoy grilling during the warmer months but we are always searching for new and exciting sides that are tasty, easy to make and most importantly don’t require constant refrigeration.
Just this past weekend I came up with a gorgeous and tasty bean salad that I know will be a hit at your next cook-out or potluck. It’s healthy, flavorful and best of all, it comes together in mere minutes. You can prepare this salad up to two days in advance and let it marinate in the fridge.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (15 ounces) cans of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 1 ear of corn, shaved off of the cob fresh (uncooked)
- 1/4 cup coriander, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
1. In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, cumin, salt and pepper. Add in the rest of the ingredients and gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Can be made up to 2 days in advance and refrigerated in an airtight container.