One thing is for sure; there is no shortage of delicious tomatoes and cucumbers in the summer.
My garden is fully loaded with these summer time veggies and I take full advantage of them throughout the season. Whether or not you get these abundant veggies from your own garden, local farmers market or supermarket, I hope you too are enjoying these scrumptious beauties!
This chunky pearl tomato and cucumber salad is the perfect summer accompaniment to many grilled meats. Serve alongside grilled chicken, steak, fish or pork or enjoy all on its own!
Chunky Pearl Tomato & Cucumber Salad
- 2 cups mini pearl grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large English cucumber, sliced into ½ moon shapes
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 8 fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add sliced tomatoes, cucumbers and feta cheese. Top with lemon vinaigrette dressing and toss salad to coat all of the vegetables.
- Serve as a side to grilled chicken breast, steak or pork.
Wine Tip: Serve alongside a crisp Sauvignon Blanc! Try Dry Creek Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc.