- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 red or yellow capsicums, seeds and stems removed and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 (15 ounce) can of crushed tomatoes
- 1½ cup water or chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 pound wide noodles
Step 1: Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large heavy pot, heat oil over high heat. Cook chicken skin side down until the skin is crispy, about 5 minutes. (Hint: If chicken won’t release from the pan, it is not time to flip it yet.) Turn chicken over and cook until golden, about 6 minutes more. Transfer to a plate.
Step 2: Reduce heat on your pot to medium. Add in onion and peppers and cook until softened remembering to stir frequently. Season with paprika.
Step 3: Once onions and peppers are soft, add in crushed tomatoes and water/stock and stir, scraping all of the flavorful bits off of the bottom of the pot. Turn heat up to high and bring mixture to a boil. Return chicken to the pot, skin side up and reduce heat back down to medium. Cover pot and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
Step 4: While chicken is cooking, cook noodles in a large pot of salted water until al dente, Drain noodles.
Step 5: In a small bowl whisk together sour cream and flour. Stir sour cream mixture into pot with chicken and cook for 5 minutes before serving chicken and sauce over prepared noodles.
More dinner recipes:
Chicken Paprikash Recipe
Chicken Paprikash is the Hungarian answer to comfort food. It’s warm and satisfying and incredibly flavorful, making it the perfect recipe to get you out of your weeknight…
- calories : 500
- skin-on chicken thighs: 8 bone-in
- salt:¾ teaspoon
- black pepper: ½ teaspoon
- vegetable oil: 2 tablespoons
- Thinly sliced large yellow onion:1
- Red or Yellow capsicums:2
- sweet paprika:2 tablespoons
- crushed tomatoes: 1 Can
- chicken stock: 1½ cup
- all purpose flour:3 tablespoons
- sour cream: ½ cup
- wide noodles: 1lb