Prawn Scampi pasta make look fancy, but it's actually a cinch to pull together and makes for no-fuss entertaining. This pasta recipe is simple enough for for weeknight dinners and sophisticated enough for a dinner party. It's light and lemony with mouthwatering garlic butter for an incredibly flavorful dish. Try this recipe today!
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- juice and zest of 3 lemons
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 pound medium prawn, peeled, deveined
- 1 pound spaghetti or linguini
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
Step 1: In a large bowl whisk together garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, pepper, and salt. Add in the prawn and toss to coat.
Step 2: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until just al dente. Drain and reserve ½ cup cooking water.
Step 3: While pasta is cooking prepare the prawn. To do this, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Remove the prawn from the marinade (being sure to reserve the marinade). Add the prawn to the skillet and cook until just opaque, about 3 minutes total. Remove the prawn from the pan and place onto a plate to rest.
Step 4: Add the marinade to the skillet along with lemon zest, chicken stock, and reserved pasta water. Cook until sauce reduces by half.
Step 5: When sauce has reduced by half, stir in the butter and the parsley.
Step 6: Once the butter is melted, stir to combine and add prawn to the sauce.
Step 7: Pour sauce over pasta and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Want more pasta recipes?
- Creamy Cauliflower Mac 'n Cheese Recipe
- Roasted Tomato Spaghetti with Basil Breadcrumb Gremolata Recipe
- (Almost) No-Cook Zucchini Pasta Recipe
- Swiss Chard Sweet Potato Mac 'n Cheese Recipe
- Asparagus Pesto and Prosciutto Pasta Shells Recipe
- 5 Great Pasta Meals
Find more recipes from Christina Stanley at Take Back Your Table.