I love eating out but I don't love how expensive or unhealthy it can be at times. So, I like to make my favourite takeout meals at home like these Thai Turkey lettuce wraps. They are a great way to jazz up ground chicken and turkey. Feel free to swap in minced beef or chicken and turkey.
Thai Turkey Lettuce Wraps
Your fam will gobble up these yummy & healthy no-carb wraps!
- canola oil: 2 tablespoons
- clove garlic: 1 large, minced
- red onion: ½ small, finely chopped
- turkey mince: 1 lb.
- sweet Thai chilli sauce: 1/3 cup
- scallion: 1 large, thinly sliced
- romaine or butter lettuce: 8-10 leaves, washed and thoroughly dried
- carrot: 1 small, thinly sliced
- coriander: ¼ cup, finely chopped (optional)
Step 1: Heat oil in a large skillet lover medium heat.
Step 2: Cook garlic and onions until they begin to soften.
Step 3: Add in turkey mince. Using a wood spoon, break up turkey. Cook until it's no loner pink and is fully cooked through, about 8--10 minutes.
Step 4: Stir in sweet Thai sauce and scallions.
Step 5: Serve wrapped in lettuce leaves topped with carrots and coriander.
More Dinner Recipes: