So what do I do? I combine salad and the Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips, and what we’re left with is clean plates all around. Success!
This crispy Southwest chicken salad salad is so delicious that you better double the recipe—everyone will want seconds and thirds! It’s super quick and easy to whip up on a busy weeknight, to boot!
Crispy Southwest Chicken Salad Recipe with Chili-Lime Dressing
Get your kids to eat their greens and keep everyone happy with this crowd-pleaser.
- Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips, heated and thinly sliced: 2 cups (about 7 strips)
- baby Romaine lettuce, washed and dried: 5 packed cups
- teardrop tomatoes, washed, dried, and sliced in half: 1 cup
- scallions, finely chopped (white and green portions): 4
- avocado, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces: 1, large
- fresh lime juice: 3 tablespoons
- chilli powder: 1 tablespoon
- honey: 1 tablespoon
- ground cumin: ½ teaspoon
- sea salt: ¼ teaspoon
- extra virgin olive oil: ¼ cup
- your favourite tortilla chips, slightly crushed: 1 cup
- shredded Mexican cheese blend (cheddar, jack): ½ cup
Step 1: Cook the Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips according to the package instructions, let them cool to room temperature, and then slice them thinly.
Step 2: In a large mixing or serving bowl, combine the sliced chicken strips with the lettuce, tomatoes, scallions, and avocado. Cover and set aside in the refrigerator.
Step 3: In a small bowl, use a whisk to blend the lime juice, honey, chilli powder, cumin, and salt. Pour in the oil gradually, whisking constantly as you do.
Step 4: Just before serving, toss the salad with the chips, cheese, and dressing.
This post was sponsored by Tyson Foods