Once school is back in session, prepping healthy, veggie-packed weeknight dinners is always a challenge. And while I’m all for getting kids to eat veggies, no matter how sneaky you need to get, there’s really no reason to hide roasted cauliflower when it’s kept simple and delicious. Here’s an easy recipe for crispy cauliflower florets seasoned with garlic and fresh herbs, and lots and lots of Parmesan! This side dish comes together effortlessly and always pleases everyone around the table — expect to have no leftovers in sight!
Garlicky Roasted Cauliflower with Parmesan and Herbs
Once school is back in session, prepping healthy, veggie-packed weeknight […]
- cauliflower: 1 large head cut into florets (or 8 cups of florets)
- olive oil: 1/2 cup
- panko crumbs: 1/2 cup
- parmesan: 1/2 cup, freshly grated
- garlic powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- fresh herbs: 2 tablespoons, very finely minced (like fresh basil, oregano, thyme...)
- salt: 1/2 teaspoon
- freshly cracked black pepper: 1/4 teaspoon
- olive oil spray
Step 1: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On a large rimmed baking sheet. toss the cauliflower with the olive oil, panko crumbs, grated parmesan cheese, garlic powder, herbs, salt and pepper.
Step 2: Make sure cauliflower is evenly coated and is spread out in an even layer on the baking sheet. Spray generously with olive oil cooking spray.
Step 3: Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, making sure to toss the cauliflower florets after 15 minutes of baking time. Florets are ready when they are deeply golden, crispy and fork-tender. Serve alongside chicken or fish or over a bowl of grains.
More Easy Weeknight Recipes:
- Flavor-Packed Grilled Asian-Style Drumsticks
- Oven-Baked Bang Bang Cauliflower Even Veggie Haters Will Love
- One-Skillet Ravioli, Asparagus and Prawn Will Lemon Butter Sauce