Create a cheerful, refreshing laundry room with these easy ideas!
- Cheerful space from Better Homes and Gardens
- Wooden shelf from Etsy seller pickledpantry
- Rolling laundry center from Bed Bath & Beyond
- Farmhouse Linen Spray from Sweet Grass Farm
- Ironing board cover from Cath Kidston
- Pretty nook from Country Living
Sure, a laundry room is supposed to be utilitarian – but that's all the more reason why it should be as pretty a space as possible, right? So whether your laundry area is in the basement, a closet, or in its own room (aren't you lucky!), there are some simple ways to make it a happy space. Light paint colours always create a soothing atmosphere, and plenty of lighting (whether natural or artificial) is also essential. Having a place for everything is a big part of keeping a laundry room functional and stress-free, so use wall hooks, shelves, baskets, and storage containers to keep things organised and out of sight. Fabric curtains are a great idea for hiding your washer and dryer and creating more storage space, and add a homey touch to the space. And don't forget scented linen spray (which does double-duty as an air freshener) and even a live houseplant or two – both do wonders for your senses.