Can't get to Germany for Oktoberfest? Throw your own Oktoberfest-themed fete!
- Blue party beads from bulkpartysupplies.com
- Sausages with browned onions from Martha Stewart
- German chocolate cake from Taste of home
- All Day Apple Butter recipe from allrecipes.com
- Beer and pretzel photo from Myrtle & Marjoram
- Green alpine hat from Top Party Ideas
Putting together a party might not get any easier than this: supply beer for the adults, soft pretzels for the kiddos, and easy, tasty German-inspired grub to nosh on and you're in the throes of Oktoberfest! Prepare easy-to-make sausages and a make-ahead German chocolate cake, and give out homemade apple butter as favours. Blue and white are the colours of Oktoberfest, so have plenty of blue party beads on hand for the occasion, and at least a few traditional green hats for revelers to don.