From flowers to fancy dinners, many mums will celebrate this Mother’s Day being adorned by those who love them.
While it’s great to be celebrated by those who love you, it’s also important to take time to celebrate yourself.
This Mother’s Day consider doing one- or all – of these five things to show yourself some Mother’s Day love.
1. Do what you’ve been wanting to do, but haven’t had the time to. Whether it’s updating your scrapbook, cleaning out your minivan or going for a pedicure, taking the time to do something you’ve wanted to, regardless of how practical it seems, will give you a sense of accomplishment and allow you to check something off of your to-do list.
2. Splurge on your favourite foods. Most every day your menu options revolve around the tastes and needs of others. Missing Sushi? Dying for a cannoli? Treat yourself to something you’ve been craving and forget about the calories or the price.
3. Visit with your mum, sans kids. When is the last time you’ve got to enjoy an uninterrupted visit with your mom? Rejuvenate your spirit and take time to enjoy a heart to heart with your own mother or those motherly figures in your life.
4. Book a family portrait session. Like most mums, chances are you are the one always behind the lens of the camera. If you’ve wanted to get an updated family photo, now is the time to do it. With the Mother’s Day card in your back pocket, your gang will likely cooperate.
5. Relax and enjoy your family. Let the kitchen go and the laundry pile up. Take a day to enjoy your family and cherish your relationship with your children. You’ll be glad you did.
What are your plans this Mother’s Day? What will you do special for yourself? Share your plans in the comments below.