Don’t have your kid’s costume set for Halloween yet? Whether your child can’t make up his mind about what he wants, the good stuff is sold out, or costumes are just too darn expensive, we’ve got a solution!
We bring you deals every Wednesday, and this week, we’ve got an idea to keep you and your kids happy on Halloween. Instead of buying a complete costume, go the easy route by using costume accessories accompanied by items your kids have in their closets to create a one-of-a-kind look that they’ll be happy to wear, at a fraction of the cost!
Check out our favourite Halloween accessories. From top left:
- Volcom Yo Gabba Gabba Mask; $25 at nordstrom.com. Add black pants and a black or yellow shirt. For some extra fun, add grey duct tape to the shirt to mimic the Yo Gabba Gabba look!
- Rubies Create-a-Costume Butterfly; $4.89 at nappys.com. Any tutu or dance leotard with skirt will fit with these flutter wings. Or, make your own super-quick butterfly wings.
- Cat Mask; $9,95, at gap.com. This mask is perfect for fidgety kids! Try an outfit white pants and a pink shirt for a Persian cat costume, and fashion a quick tail out of an old tube sock stuffed with cotton.
- Rubies Create-a-Costume Bunny; $2.79, at nappys.com. All white makes a great bunny look. Carry a basket as your trick-or-treat container and you can be the Easter Bunny!
- Elope Aviator Hat; $8.40, at yoyo.com. Add a bomber jacket and black jeans or camo pants to complete the aviator costume.
- Elope Kids Ant Hat; $12.89 at yoyo.com. All black completes the ant look or you can be a fire ant and wear head-to-toe red.