The last thing on your mind when you’re rushing to pack school lunches, sign permission notes and make sure you all get out the door on time is the way you look. What if I told you that you can go from morning shabby to daytime chic in just minutes?
Follow these 10 quick and easy tips to speed up your morning beauty routine and get out of the house…gorgeous!
- Cleanse and exfoliate your face thoroughly the night before, so that in the morning you can run a moisturising facial wipe to remove any accumulated overnight dirt and hydrate your skin at the same time.
- The less you have to think about the “beautifying process” the easier it becomes, so each night set out the products you’ll need in the AM in order of application. All you’re left to focus on is getting the makeup on your face and blending—easy, right!?!
- So, you’re trying out the “I don’t wash my hair every day” program that looks more harried than heroine chic. If you find that your hair just looks lifeless in the morning, spray dry shampoo on your roots for instant volume and guaranteed freshness throughout the day.
- There’s no need to drench your legs in lotion before getting dressed if you shave the night before with an all-in-one moisturising razor. These handy-dandy little tools deposit cocoa butter and vitamin E into the pores of your skin, leaving your gams smooth and shiny.
- Fake hours of restful sleep by applying a pink-tinted eye brightening pencil to the inner corners of your eyes, under the lower lash lines and on the darkest area of the under eyes. Instant bright eyes!
- One of the most coveted features of a female model is her high cheekbones. Using a bronzer with built in illuminator (such as a shimmer brick) you can achieve the same look. Plus, your skin will give off a glow that will have other mums wondering if you recently spent a week in Fiji.
- If applying mascara every day feels like a chore, splurge a little on tubal mascara: the more sophisticated cousin of regular mascara. The innovative tube technology, which can stay put for days (depending on the brand), coats lashes with colour that makes them look lush.
- To add a punch of colour to your cheeks, dip your finger into a pot of cream blush and let the warmth of your skin soften it before applying to the apples of your cheeks. Cream-based blushers don’t settle into fine lines like powdered blushers tend to do, so they are great to use in the winter months when facial skin begins to dry out.
- Grab a tinted lip balm pencil in a colour that’s no more than two shades lighter or darker than your natural lip colour, and swipe it on your pucker to instantly wake up your face.
- Chipped your nail polish? If this beauty boo-boo happens right as you’re running through the front door, simply trim your nail(s) to avoid having to re-polish. If you have two minutes to spare, dab the same colour polish into the bare spot and then apply a quick dry topcoat on top. Blast with cool air from your hairdryer until the polish hardens.
More tips for smooth mornings:
- 10 Things I Do at Night to Make the Mornings Hurt Less
- How to Have a ‘No-Nag Morning’ — 4 Tricks That Really Work
- Five Minute Hair Tutorials That’ll Speed up Your Morning Routine