I don't know about you but I'm actually looking forward to back-to-school shopping this year. While it may seem like a hassle, it also means a fresh start and the best way to do that is start with a new backpack. Last year's backpack started to look a little tattered towards the end of the year after being lugged and dragged across many playgrounds and classrooms and if your kids are anything like mine, their style has changed in the past three months so a new design is definitely in order. When shopping for a backpack this season look for durability, washability and of course, how stylish it will be when they're carrying it every single day. Here's a few of my favourites that will last you through the whole next year and perhaps, beyond.
- Perfect backpack for the tween boy in your life: Garnet Hill Skateboard Backpack; $44.95 (free matching lunchbox if ordered before Sept. 3, 2013) at garnethill.com
- So stylish (and available in many, many colours): MadPax Spiketus Backpack; $62 at nordstrom.com
- Incoming preschoolers and kinders this one is for you: Monster Backpack; $18.87 (sale!), at gymboree.com
- Sequins are in order this school year: Junior Sequin Striped Backpack; $34.95 at gap.com
- Great for any age (also available in girl's styles): Herschel Supply Co. for Crewcuts Settlement Backpack; $55 at jcrew.com
- This year it's all about animal print: Be Right Backpack; $25.20 (sale!), at hannahandersson.com