Ahhh, jeans … they have to be a mum's best friend (besides yoga pants)! They look great on everyone and you can pretty much wear them for every occasion (except for that upcoming wedding). These days there are so many options, there is no need to fall into the deaded mum jean trap (you know the ones: puffy pelvis jeans). There are so many great picks, why not jazz up your denim this season with a pair of trendy jeans in a cool print or make your date night jeans fancy with a coated colour denim look?
There are so many choices when it comes to jeans and while the style is certainly important, but remeber: first and foremost is fit. If your keans are too tight at the waist and hips they can create a "muffin top" effect making you appear larger than you are and make you extremely uncomfortable. If you're trying to conceal a tummy, try a higher-waisted jean rather than a low-slung (below the hips) jean—this will whittle your waist rather than accentuate it. Another thing to remember when jean shopping is that your size WILL differ depending on the brand because every jeans fits differently.
- Distressed: 1969 Destructed Sexy Boyfriend Jeans; $69.95 at gap.com
- Printed: Free People Jacquard Pants; $88 at nordstrom.com
- Coated: Current/Elliott 'The Ankle' Coated Skinny Jeans; $188 at nordstrom.com
- Embellished: 7 For All Mankind Orchid Lace Overlay Skinny Jeans; $198 at bergdorfgoodman.com
- Grey: The Rockstar Grey-Wash Super Skinny Jeans; $34.50 at oldnavy.com
- Moto: Hudson Jeans Charlotte Moto Super Skinny Jeans; $189 at piperlime.com