This chopped Mediterranean salad is packed with fibre rich whole grains, crunchy veggies, and tangy lemon juice—the ultimate summertime salad!
Chopped Mediterranean Orzo Salad Recipe
A hearty yet light salad, perfect to enjoy all summer long!
- whole grain orzo: 1 cup, uncooked
- cherry tomatoes, quartered: ½ cup
- cucumbers, chopped: ½ cup
- red pepper, chopped: ½ cup
- kalamata olives, pitted, halved: ¼ cup
- scallions, thinly sliced: ¼ cup
- olive oil: 2 tablespoons
- lemon juice: ½ lemon
- za'atar spice (or dried oregano): 1 teaspoon
- ground black pepper: 1 teaspoon
- salt: ½ teaspoon
Step 1: Cook the whole grain orzo according to package instructions.
Step 2: Quarter the cherry tomatoes, and cut the cucumber and red pepper to ½ inch chunks. Thinly slice the scallions and half the kalamata olives.
Step 3: Toss the cooked, cooled orzo with the chopped veggies, scallions, and olives. Drizzle in the olive oil and lemon juice. Season with the za'atar spice, ground black pepper, and salt. (Adjust seasoning to your liking.) Serve at room temp or cooled.
More Whole Grain Salad Recipes: