Getting outside is a priority for our family every day, and in the late summer we take every opportunity we can to enjoy dinner with friends al fresco since we know that winter is right around the corner. In the late summer, we love to use seasonal ingredients to create fun recipes, and grilled flatbread pizza is a favourite. This recipe calls for a white sauce featuring Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing that complements fresh seasonal vegetables in a big way.
Fresh Seasonal Vegetable Grilled White Flatbread Pizza with Hidden Valley® Original Ranch Dressing
This is a great way to get your kids to eat in-season veggies.
- Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing: 2 Tablespoons
- thin individual pizza crusts: 2
- plain Greek yoghurt: 3 Tablespoons
- parmesan cheese: 1 Tablespoon
- minced garlic: 1 Teaspoon
- nutritional yeast: 1 Teaspoon
- salt: 1 pinch
- zucchini: 1, sliced thinly
- roma or compari tomatoes: 2, sliced thinly
- mushrooms: 4, sliced thinly
- fresh basil leaves: 4 leaves, torn or sliced (optional)
- fresh low moisture mozzarella cheese: to top pizzas, sliced thinly (or use shredded cheese)
- extra parmesan: to sprinkle on top of the pizza
Step 1: Mix Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing, Greek yoghurt, parmesan cheese, minced garlic, nutritional yeast, and salt in a bowl. This will be your super tasty sauce.
Step 2: Preheat your grill to 500-550 degrees F, or if you are using an oven, preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
Step 3: Place just your pizza crust on the grill for 1-2 minutes or in the oven for 2 minutes, or simply follow your crust's package directions. Then remove pizza and get ready to top it.
Step 4: Spoon 2-3 teaspoons of sauce on each pizza crust. Spread a thin, even layer across the crust.
Step 5: Top with vegetables, basil, thin slices of fresh mozzarella cheese, and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
Step 6: Place your pizza on the grill for 3-5 minutes. You will want to watch your pizza so you get a nice grilled flavor, but it doesn't get too charred or burnt. Watch for the cheese to bubble.
Step 7: Remove and enjoy!
Grilled flatbread pizza is so easy, and this recipe with the amazing white sauce with Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing is extra tasty. I love that you can simply take it out and eat it immediately on the deck or patio.
This is the perfect ending to a beautiful summer day.