Today’s celebrity scoop: television news, baby news, and lawsuits.
- The entire cast of “Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” is confirmed to return to the reality series for a second season. Lisa Vanderpump, Kyle Richards, Kim Richards, Taylor Armstrong, Adrienne Maloof, and Camille Grammer are all set to go for more drama. There was a bit of doubt over Kim Richards and Camille Grammer returning, but sources say they are a “go“.
- Director Guy Ritchie, Madonna’s ex-husband, and his girlfriend Jacqui Ainsley are expecting a baby together. Guy has two children with Madonna: Rocko and adopted son David Banda.
- Christina Aguilera‘s record label is being sued over her song “Ain’t No Other Man”. Her song samples the 1968 song ‘Hippy Skippy Moon Strut’ by Dave Cortez and the Moon People. According to the lawsuit, the song’s rights have been owned by TufAmerica since 2004, but Sony Music went through the Clyde Otis Music Group in order to sample the song.
- Model Sophie Dahl and singer/songwriter Jamie Cullum welcomed a baby girl. Their daughter Lyra was born in London on Wednesday, their rep confirmed.
- The jewellery store that accused Lindsay Lohan of stealing a $2,500 necklace has brought their credibility into question by selling off the surveillance video to the highest bidder. Lindsay has maintained her innocence in the case, claiming that the store loaned her the jewellery, as many stores do with celebrities. This latest development might help Lindsay’s case by showing that the jewellery store was trying to profit from a scandal.
Photo credit: Splash