This first birthday party really captures the spirit of bohemian glam. The organic setting combined with handmade, glam touches and pretty little details puts a smile on my face (and ideas in my head for my next birthday celebration). And, there were big smiles from the birthday girl too, a special little lady named Mila.
Naysha Lopez and Josue Brainin, and their beautiful children, Kai, three-and-a-half years old, and Mila, one, recently celebrated Mila’s monumental birthday at Treaty Oak Park. Their photographer, Corinna Hoffman Photography, recommended the historical landmark park. The 200-year-old massive live oak tree you see in the background was the perfect setting for this bohemian-inspired celebration.
In Naysha’s words…”I decided on bohemian glam decor for her mini party. I wanted the colours to be a continuation of what’s in her nursery, an underlying theme of birds and feathers in muted pastels with pops of hot pink, silver, and gold.”
I’m crazy in love with the teepees popping up at children’s birthday parties and bedrooms. This party is no exception. The teepee was the first source of inspiration for this party.
“I really loved the teepee from The Land of Nod, and it was the first item I purchased,” Naysha said. “The process was very organic from there. Next, I found the crocheted doily dream catcher, as well as the tassel garland on Etsy. The carved coffee table and paper party plates by Meri Meri added a Moroccan/bohemian feel and rounded off the look.”
And what about the fabulous sophisticated touches? She continued, “I added the glam touches with the gold-rimmed vintage plates and champagne glasses, silver-glitter name and gold-heart cake toppers, and hot-pink-tipped spray roses on her cake.”
- Photography, Corinna Hoffman Photography
- Teepee, The Land of Nod
- Coffee table, World Market
- White kids’ stool, IKEA
- Pouf, Amazon
- Dreamcatcher, Maci Bear Boutique on Etsy
- Tassel garland, Glam Fete By Bri on Etsy
- Cake topper (glitter “Mila”), Carousel Lane on Etsy
- Gold-heart cake topper, BHLDN
- Paper plates, Meri Meri Toot Sweet via Amazon
- Plates, gold peacock holding flatware, vintage
- Porcelain blue blanket, Pottery Barn
- Cake, baked and decorated by Naysha
- Mini party hats on cupcakes, tutorial from Oh Happy Day
More First Birthday Party Ideas: