Like many people, I love the holiday ritual of sending out greeting cards, wishing my family and friends a season of joy and a new year full of cheer. I’ve also been brainstorming about another card I’ll be sending out in the near future: One announcing the birth of my first daughter, who is due right around Christmas. As a mother with a mile-long to-do list, it only seems natural to combine the two occasions into one creative greeting card. I plan to do this by using a new family photo and a festive greeting card theme.
Two-in-one holiday cards aren’t just a great idea for soon-to-be-parents; they’re a clever and convenient option for just about anyone with a lot going on in their lives. And let’s face it, that’s most of us! Whether you’re moving to a new home, getting married, or adopting (a pet or child!), you can use that announcement to add a new layer of fun and excitement to your holiday greetings.
Announcing a New Baby
If you’re having a baby soon, just had a little one, or announcing a second, third, or fourth addition to the family, here are some greetings that will tie together your dual messages:
- The best gifts aren’t always the biggest. Announcing a small addition to our family this holiday season!
- Santa came early this year! We welcome Baby [insert name here].
- Best Gift Ever
- Look what Santa brought us!
- Time to add another stocking to the fireplace
- The best gifts don’t come under a tree.
Announcing a Move
My sister is a first-time homeowner, and I suggested that she send out a dual greeting card this year to announce her move. First we found a cute moving announcement with a winter feel, then we simply altered the text to include a holiday greeting.
Try one of these creative holiday moving announcement greetings for your cards:
- From our new home to yours, Happy Holidays!
- Santa was good to us this year and blessed us with a new home.
- There’s no place like a new home for the holidays.
- Santa has a new stop on his route.
Announcing an Engagement
Love is in the air during this time of year, and if you’ve recently gotten engaged, congratulations! There are so many ways to incorporate your engagement with a holiday-themed photo shoot for a heartfelt greeting card. Consider sharing the news using one of these romantic phrases and an adorable photo of you and your love:
- It’s going to be a very married holiday.
- Baby it’s cold outside.
- Warmest wishes and merry kisses this holiday season.
- Happy couple, Happy New Year!
Don’t limit yourself to just these examples—a two-in-one greeting can work with any family announcement during the holidays! Here are some more ideas for combining cards this holiday season:
- Baby gender announcement
- Wedding save-the-date
- Baby or toddler birthday
- Engagement party
To try your hand at a two-in-one holiday greeting card, visit tinyprints.com, and start designing! What news do you have to share this holiday season? Share your ideas in the comments!
More Holiday Card Ideas: