Despite every good intention in the world, many a Mother’s Day is spent with at least some batches of stressed-out time trying to celebrate (WE WILL MISS OUR BRUNCH RESERVATION! GET IN THE CAR RIGHT NOW!!!!) or gifts that miss the mark ever so slightly (is that ride-on vacuum for you or for me, honey?). I’ve been listening to the whispers in the wind for many years to better understand what women want on their special day, and the trick is this: It’s the simple things that bring mums joy.
1. Being treated like a queen AFTER the sun rises.
2. Her morning ritual without being asked to sign permission slips or break up a debate about Minecraft.
3. To not have to do the morning chores.
4. Being surrounded by all of her favourite people. Even the ones paid to be there.
5. Cuddles from her boy who thinks girls are THE WORST.
6. A day without the fashion police handing her a ticket.
7. To have all of her thirst needs tended to appropriately.
8. To lay back, relax, and enjoy her favourite kind of hanky-panky.
9. On a related note: Just give her all the control for one day. ONE. STINKIN’. DAY.
10. Maybe a sparkly little something with a sweet message on it?
11. To be able to pamper herself at the end of the day before calling it a night.
12. To slip into something more comfortable. (I mean that literally.)
Now spread the word far and wide, and have a Happy Mother’s Day!
More Funny Stuff:
- Summer Holiday Is Coming: 9 Things to Panic About Right Now
- Hilarious (& Totally Classic) SNL Skits About Parenting
- 8 Funny Want Ads All Mums Can Relate To