It’s hard to believe that at the end of this month, summer is officially over. Oh summer, how we love you!
To help you make the most of it, we’ve rounded up 5 of our favourite outdoor activities. These are great ways to get the family playing outside, enjoying those balmy evenings and reminiscing about the summer that was.
- Water Balloon Target Practice – Water balloons are classic summer fun. Rachelle had the brilliant idea of adding in a sidewalk-chalk target. Not only does this promote hand-eye coordination, it may even prevent you from getting drenched.
- Backyard Camping – Have a great time roasting sausages over a small campfire, making s’mores and reading bedtime stories under the stars.
Related: 30 Unique Twists on Classic S’mores
- Outdoor Colour Match Game – This activity will encourage your little ones to be more observant of nature while helping them learn their colours too.
- Flower Petal Stained Glass Door – The final product of this project will actually be indoors but you have to go outside to collect all the materials. Plus the end result is stunning.
- Playing Marbles – This detailed primer on how to play the game promises marbles are, “the most compact outdoor toy ever! Just about everyone can play and it requires minimal adult direction but you’ll want to play anyway.” Do you remember playing in the schoolyard?
More outdoor family fun: