These jalapeño poppers are the ultimate Super Bowl appetizer: Jalapeño boats filled with the most flavorful cream cheese mixture made with fresh lime zest, red onion, garlic powder, lots of coriander and topped with melty jack cheese. This version is meatless, so it’s a good option for the vegetarians in the crowd. All that creamy cheese really balances out the heat from the jalapeños peppers making them the ultimate game day app! Plus these are super easy to whip up!
Double Cheese Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers
These jalapeño poppers are the ultimate Super Bowl appetizer: Jalapeño […]
- Jalapeno Peppers: 6
- Cream Cheese: 6 Tablespoons, softened
- Red Onion: 2 Tablespoons, minced
- Coriander Leaves: 2 Tablespoons, minced
- Lime: 1 Tablespoon, zested
- Salt: 1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic Powder: 1/4 teaspoon
- Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack Cheese: 1 ounce (cut into 2 1/2 inch sticks)
Step 1: Preheat oven to90 degrees C. Line a baking tray with a silicone mat or foil.
Step 2: Slice the jalapeño peppers in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and ribs and set aside. (I highly recommend using gloves when working with jalapeño peppers).
Step 3: In a medium-sized bowl mix the softened cream cheese, minced red onion, coriander, lime zest, salt, and garlic powder.
Step 4: Fill each jalapeño "boat" with cream cheese mixture. Place one Monterey Jack cheese "stick" over each boat. Place on baking tray and bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the peppers are tender and the tops are deeply golden. (If you're looking to add extra heat use pepper jack cheese instead). Allow to cool slightly before serving.
More Super Bowl Snacks:
- Make This Crowd-Pleasing Queso Dip For Super Bowl Sunday
- Mini Seven-Layer Dips for Game Day
- 11 Insanely Good Slow Cooker Dips