Your favourite carrot cake flavours in breakfast pancake form! These carrot cake pancakes are made from a creamy batter full of grated carrots, warm spices, walnuts, and raisins!
- grated carrots: 2 cups (about 5 whole carrots)
- Greek yoghurt: ½ cup
- whole milk: ½ cup
- egg: 1
- vanilla extract: 1 teaspoon
- honey: ½ cup
- wholemeal flour: 1½ cups
- rolled oats: ¼ cup
- ground walnuts: 3 tablespoons
- raisins: 3 tablespoons
- baking powder: 1 teaspoon
- bicarbonate of soda: ½ teaspoon
- ground cinnamon: ½ teaspoon
- ground ginger: ½ teaspoon
- salt: hefty pinch
- coconut oil: 2-4 tablespoons
- maple syrup: for topping (optional)
Step 1: Finely grate the carrots using a box grater or food processor. In a large bowl mix the grated carrots, Greek yoghurt, milk, egg, vanilla extract, and honey together.
Step 2: In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, ground walnuts, raisins, baking powder,bicarb of soda, ground cinnamon, ground ginger and salt.
Step 3: Add the dry ingredients to the carrot-yoghurt mixture. Mix together well.
Step 4: Heat a large non-stick pan over a medium heat. Add about 1 tablespoon of coconut oil (or any other cooking oil of choice). Using the ¼ cup measure, scoop out the batter and drop into the pan. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until crispy and golden brown. Continue with the rest of the batter. Serve warm with maple syrup.
More Lovely Pancake Recipes to Wake up to: